News from the Annual Congregation Meeting on Jan 26
Short version of meeting Minutes
The Annual Meeting was started with a devotion and a silent minute for the deceased member Elfriede Wilson.
Topic 1 – Financial Report
- Jörg explained our financial situation in 2013.
- The assembly of church members exonerated the current Church Council. Thank you to the past Council members for their contributions to the congregation’s wellbeing!!
Topic 2 – Activity Report
- Presentation of activities in 2013 and outlook to activities 2014.
Topic 3 – Election of steering committee/church council
- Four former Council members did not opt-in for reelection, nine candidates presented themselves to the congregation. One list with all candidates was elected unanimously to become the new Church Council.
- Congratulation to the elected members (from left to right):
- Pastor Haco von Hacke, Rene Baganz, Esther Djopke-Hinrich, Jörg Daehnhardt, Markus Rimmele, Ingolf Mathee, Janet Rudzinski.
(Not in the picture: Erich Schwerd, Henry Benk, Barry Spurlock)
Topic 4 Budget 2014
- Jörg presented the budget 2014 proposal.
- The assembly of church members approved the budget proposal unanimously
Topic 5 – Planned activities
- The annual event planning proposes a similar schedule like 2013 with many well established activities. The new Council members will finalize the annual planning.
- One of the critical activities for this year will be the discussion of the German Church with Redeemer and potentially other churches about a long term collaboration.
- Detail Meeting Minutes can be requested via firstname.lastname@example.org